Sunday, July 16, 2006

Be gone ZoneAlarm!

YEEEESSS!!!! I've successfully gotten rid of that irritating ZoneAlarm program! (contrary to some internet discussion boards about how difficult is is to get rid of it after the horrendous program after the upgrade that caused it to start shutting off the internet access..) My dad and I were just trying our luck in uninstalling the program, since, anyway, we couldn't access the internet no matter how hard we tried to shutdown the ZoneAlarm at the bootup of our computer. We thought that since we're already so stuck, even if we get stuck uninstalling it, we'd have lost nothing.

Was beginning to get a little worried at our first attempt to uninstall it, because everything came to a halt after we pressed the "uninstall" button. The computer just didn't seem as if it was doing any uninstallation for a long time...and it was then that i remembered that...i hadn't done a backup of my files on the computer for a mighty long time *yikes*. So anyway, while i was having my lunch, my dad decided it was taking too long and just switched the whole computer off (without shutting it down!). I almost fainted.

Anyway, after 2 more tries, ZoneAlarm was finally removed!! And that's why I can happily type this entry on my desktop...whopppeeeee...

Nice to see the sun shining brightly outside my window...as opposed to the sudden downpour and rain in the cloud-ridden skies in the earlier part of this morning.

Ah yes, I have replaced the tagboard on my blog with the "comments" link at the end of each entry of the blog. Am very proud of it because it was seriously through pure trial-&-error that i managed to get the links back on the blog. Had wanted to do it for a long time, but then Blogger had some problems putting it into the template automatically for me..which until now i don't know why. So had to do my own experimenting again..heh..
So yups, if anyone would like to leave a message, you can do it with the "comments" link.

OK, going to start on my work. Have been down with a flu the entire weekend, and didn't touch all the work that I had brought home to do.

No comments: