Sunday, April 01, 2007

Looong week..

This week was....pretty long...
Physically tired because of the late nights in preparation for school, other things like CIP coordination, and other commitments that I have to fulfill. Emotionally draining as well, many things have happened this week...


But I'm glad that the week is over..class had a few issues to settle....and I'm not talking about the usual administrative things and homework chasing (which all still took place over this week)...altogether, 2 minor and 1 major happenings. I'm glad at the way things turned out in the end for all 3 matters...especially the major one.

Everything that took place got me thinking..and I reconfirmed the fact that teaching...is really a job that's different. It's more than a job...it's really about people. And whenever people are involved, there is this whole dimension of bonding and relationship...expectations... emotions... giving of grace... and more.

By the end of the week, the phrase "behind every dark cloud is a silver lining" came to mind. And I recall the time when this phrase truely struck me..when I was travelling in Australia, and saw it for myself, the silver lining behind this dark ominous cloud. It was such a beatiful sight..and I remember at that point I just said a prayer to God to thank Him for such beatiful things in life.

Thank God for supportive friends who helped me through the week..without them handling stuff for me, I wouldn't have been able to go through the week.


Class aside, friday marked the 3rd NCC (Land) Passing Out Parade (POP) that I was attending, where the new sec3 leaders will officially take over the leadership of the unit. And as usual, the sky was ridden with dark ominous clouds since morning. I have since concluded that, it rains EVERY POP. Or at least, for the last 3 it has. But thankfully it stopped after a little while, and we were able to proceed. And there I was as usual, with my camera and snapping shots of the whole parade..it has become a hobby of mine to snap pics of events..not only for personal memory and keepsake, but also for the boys' memories.

The batch that took over yesterday, was the batch of sec1s that I taught in 05 and 06. Any many memories of them when they were sec1 two years ago came flooding back. So quickly, they have risen in rank, and have taken over the unit.

To the Part Ds who have officially been promoted to the rank of Senior, thanks for all your contributions...all the sweat and effort...hope 4 years haven't only taught you about leadership, drills, discipline and pumping, but that it has ganered you a big group of friends who are dependable, and ever ready to stick by you.

As for the Part Cs who have taken over, it is time.............
Bring the unit to even greater heights! :)
Remember, respect is to be earned..and that pride comes before downfall. You guys can do it ;)
Some photos from the POP....







Some of our old boys came back for the POP...was nice to see you guys :)

Sadly, after the parade and company photo-taking, I had to run off to do some CIP stuff and couldn't stay to chat with the old boys nor the outgoing part Ds, which I'd have really loved to do. Oh well, next time perhaps.

Spent whole of Saturday in school....half the day was because of St. John's flag day..the other half, I was doing my own marking and lessons prep. But thankfully, an old friend of mine was at Bishan in the evening, so managed to meet her up for dinner and gai gai at J8.

Okie, Monday's almost here, gotta prepare my ammunition...

No comments: