My school's sec1s & 4s went out to do CIP together in mid-january..think it's a great opportunity for the sec4s to act as big brothers to lead the younger ones in the activity.
For me, I spent the whole morning tying up the newspapers into neat bundles...got a feel of what being a karang guni uncle is like. Tough work..almost got blisters from tying stacks and stacks of newspapers that the kids brought down from the residents. But it's great knowing that it's all done for charity.. =)
My kids transporting our newspapers and other collected items over to our collection point. Doesn't my class polo shirt just look fabulous?? :) Hiak hiak..
Jay's concert
The first of many concerts that I'm attending this year, Jay Chou's! :)
My concert buddies, W and G :)
Just look at the number of people who went to the concert!!!
Opening number...super exaggerated costumes... :P
I think of all the different types of performances, I still like the accoustic version best...
Chinese New Year
This year, the students were allowed to wear their own festive clothes to school for the CNY celebrations.. Somehow they all look so much more grown-up & mature when wearing their home clothes :)
Had a lion troupe come in to do the traditional lion dance this year...and this lion even went up to the audience! Haha...thought it was so funny how it came all the way up to my colleagues... :P
CNY in Hong Kong
Believe it or not, I was in HK over the CNY period. Just a super short 3.5 days stay.......no I wasn't running away from Singapore for fun...my mum's side of the family resides in HK that's why. And since my dad's not around, and my brother's in Aust, my mum decided that we should spend CNY in HK this year.
This is my super spread of food for reunion dinner.....ALL prepared by my granny!
My cousin whom I could pass off as my sis :P
And this is the mahjong gang on first day of CNY...
Was the coldest CNY I've ever been through, simply coz I used to spend all my CNYs in Singapore. It was a mere 8 degree on the evening that we reached HK...SUPER COLD! Seriously I thought I was gonna freeze to death...might also be due to the fact that my aunt's house did not have a heater...I could literally see the condensation coming out from my mouth when I breathed....
Mum and I brought yu sheng over from Singapore for them to try in Hong Kong. Everyone looked delighted.. :)
Well, the other thing that was different about this year's CNY was, other than the fact that we spent it with my mum's side of the relatives, is that it's the first time I was spending CNY with just my mum.
Lotsa mixed feelings while I was over in HK...on one hand, was relieved that I didn't have to entertain all the relatives at my house this year in the absence of my dad...but yet at the same time, a part of me wished that things were still the same as before..that we'd be all busy on the first day of CNY, and have all the relatives congregating at my place for their annual catch-up...
I guess, life goes on....but for total normality to resume? Only time will tell...and only God and time has that power to fully heal..
No comments:
Post a Comment