The post below this is actually something that I'd written (halfway) a week after CHMA...but never finished it...so here is a long overdue post...
________________________________________________
CHMA's over?? 27/7/08
It is??
OMG. I can't believe it myself.
Hmm..shall reflect about it in a little more detail later in this post......
Choir J11 gathering
My choir batch took the opportunity after the big 20th anniversary celebration concert to have our own J11 batch gathering at one of our friend's place. (J11 simply coz it's the 11th year since we all entered JC together.. :)) It was just like the good old times...same house (we ALWAYS have gatherings at this friend's house :P), same people....feels so nice...
Everyone pretty much looked the same...this time round, one of our teachers joined us too. :)
Gary Chaw concert
He's unarguably one of the best vocals that I've ever heard 'live'. Fantastic control and use of voice....love it!
NCC 1-star kayaking course
Accompanied my cadets to their one-star kayaking course 2 weekends ago..it was at the Sarimbun Scouts camp. SUPER ulu and SUPER far away from civilisation.So after the kids lugged their kayaks down to the waters, the instructors gave them a short lesson on how to carry out the T-rescue and off they went into the waters. Reminds me of my own one-star course that I took with my NCC boys 2 years ago at Changi Sea Sports Club...and I thought THAT was ulu......
But I guess being far from town has it's perks too...lets you bask in the quietness of the place and and the nice scenery of the waters and trees...
And last but not least.......
CHMA 2008
The week leading up to CHMA was one hectic and crazy week... Many little ends to tie up everyday.....all the administrative things to be handled for the Sec4 PTM on the day before CHMA.....tickets still still not at it's optimum....two late night rehearsals. Not to mention, having to teach and mark still coz afterall, I am still a teacher (though it felt as if I was a full time producer during the week). *faint*
Rehearsals were tiring...and sometimes frustrating, coz there's just so many people and things to coordinate and polish up. But really thankful for F's help in running the final 3 rehearsals with me...without which, I think I would have literally fainted.The night before CHMA...
....final rehearsal and testing out of backdrop the day before CHMA..
VOILA! The beautiful backdrop is up by the time I reached school at 9am the next day!!
The ingenius stage design crew held up the design with fishing lines and pins :P I'm super amazed at how they managed it...well done guys ;)
Tidying up the hall and preparing the place for the night...
Was busy writing "thank you" cards for judges, guest performers.....
After one final tech-run and full dress rehearsal, it was about 2 more hours to the show.
Ran here and there, here and there, here and there, and then it was escorting the judges back to the hall to await the start of the show at around 7.30pm.Ticket collection booth at the front of the hall.
At about 7.50pm, the audience screamed. The SHOW BEGAN. I was then outside stage left, arranging the awards table...haha...and giving some last minute instructions here and there. Ran inside the hall in time to catch the first item, Recnad, with their opening dance piece.
Throughout the show I was here and there, here and there, here and there...
And then the show was over.
It was a feeling of a mixture of relief and unbelief at the same time...we had successfully run one more year of the show. All the preparation from January to July...all culminated in the final night, which was over.
When I woke up on Sunday morning the day after....there was this strange feeling of.....lostness. Felt as if....I just woke up from some dream....and.....like as if I suddenly..was back to the real world.....like as if, there was a piece of me that had been taken away...
I guess that's what happens when you spend a two weeks on intensive preparations.......and as I went through the day...many thoughts ran through my head. Preparations from January...reviews...rehearsals...the night itself...and all the congratulatory messages that I received after the show.. It was heartwarming...and at the same time...saddening...but also felt relief, that we managed to put together the show once again.
And as I reflected through the day...I also felt very blessed, to have had such a great team of people to work with throughout the 6+ months of preparations.
This IMedia team is arguably the most experienced CHMA crew we've had...and I'm truly thankful for their expertise and enthusiasm.
To Melvin (and the stage crew): Thanks for the efficiency and never-say-die problem-solving mentality...CHMA wouldn't have run so smoothly without you guys..
To Joshua (and the Pubilicity crew): Thanks for all the beautiful posters and postcards! I'm always amazed at how you guys are able to do up the designs on the Mac. And of course, not forgetting all the effort in arranging the chairs and tying those ribbons on the programs.
To Michael (and the video crew): Thanks for the videos! For tirelessly taking footage of every single thing...for cracking your braincells to come up with ideas...for staying late to finish up always...thanks.
To Jit Hin (and the stage design crew): Thanks for the beautiful backdrop ;) For all the squeezing of braincells to come up with it...and for working so independently.. :)
To Ervin & Shanwei (and audio crew): Thanks, for braving through all the evil stares whenever the mikes or any sound went a bit wonky...for all your patience and adaptability during rehearsals...
Esp to Ervin: Thank you, for all your initiative, efficiency and strong leadership of the whole team. I know many times you already have the answer/solution when you ask me for an opinion, but yet you still chose to run the idea by me before executing the decision. Thanks, really appreciate it ;)
And of course, to my colleagues who have worked tirelessly together with me :)

Thanks for all the hard work guys!
1 comment:
Thanks Ms. Chow! You were a fantastic producer too!
Post a Comment