Thursday, January 01, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy new year everyone :)

Heh, seems like I'm still a lazy blogger during the hols :P
Can't quite believe it's the new year alr, and that sch reopens tomorrow!!! Dark eye rings...here I come..... :\
Haha...well, don't really feel like writing much, so as usual, pictures shall do the talking ;)

Taiwan trip

Me and my favourite bing tang hu lu!! Basically it's malt-coated fruits :P Simply LOVE it. LOVE. I think I had one stick almost everyday that I was in taiwan..

G and I taking a pic near our hotel..thought the trees and flags in the background was pretty nice.. :) And look at the perfect weather! I think we had perfect weather 6 out of 7 days that we were there...nice and sunny for taking pics :)

No this is not my hotel's lobby, it is Qian Gui, the equivalent of PartyWorld KTV in Taiwan. Just look at their posh lobby! And, the ENTIRE building is for KTV...they have nice lifts inside that brings you to your room's floor, and what's more, every single karaoke room has its own toilet. It's own toilet! My goodness...
This is where we had Steamboat, Mala buffet steamboat =) Super yummy...it's called La(4) Zhong (1) Jian (1) :) Though it took us a little while to find it, it was definitely worth it! My favourite dish was the fish ball that had fish roe inside...yummmmmmm...

This is us having our packed MOS burger breakfast at the train station, waiting for the 8am train to bring us to Chiayi, before we took another bus to Alishan for a 2D1N trip. Look at the super cute milk bottle!! It's from the MOS burger there...

This is one of the aboriginal tribes in Taiwan performing at Alishan. They really really look like they are of tribal origins....from their features and all..super don't look like chinese..
Just one of the many nice views in Alishan...

This is all of us, thawing at the Starbucks at Alishan! Haha...we were SO happy to see it coz we were so so so so so so cold. :P Just look at our happy faces...haha..
One of the 2 highlights of my entire Taiwan trip, the sunset at Alishan :) It was so beautiful....*sigh*





It was so cold the whole time we were standing there..THANKFULLY I was already wearing my thermals.... :P


This is about 5.55am in the morning at Alishan, we were all queuing to take the 6am train to a higher up place at Alishan to see the sunrise! My 2nd highlight of the trip :)

The old rickety train....

And this is us, half awake. Hahha...we packed breakfast once again the night before from the 7-11 equivalent there...and ate our breakfast on the way up the mountain..
Our station at the top. And thus begins our loooooooooong (ok not so long, but it felt like it :P) trek up to the highest point to have the best view of the sunrise. I think this was at about 7.30am? The sun was gonna peep at us at about 7.50am according to the guide who was there. Apparently, the sun rises at different angles throughout the year, and the guides there know exactly where it's rising from.
The guide told us exactly which angle at which the sun would be rising, so we were all waiting earnestly for it to peep out from behind the mountain. And apparently, we were VERY lucky as well, because it seems they hadn't been able to see the sunrise over the last 3 days due to cloud cover. YAY! Lucky us :)

These 2 shots were taken only like 2 seconds apart. The sun rose REALLY quickly...you could literally see it rising by the second...super cool... :)

Self-potrait! Haha..it pays to have long arms....because whenever I try to take self-potraits, I always cut my own face in half :S

After the sun had risen....love the scenery still...the colours and all...really beautiful... All who are going to taiwan, must go Alishan to see the sunrise and sunset! Haha..I think the next time I go there, I'll join in this tour which starts at 4.30am in the morning...where we'll get to see even more scenery... :)
This is me in the Ferris Wheel which was in one of the taiwanese serials called Huan (4) Huan (4) Ai (4) which starred Yang Chen Ling and He Jun Xiang.
One of my favourite pics :) Heh, taken at the shopping centre that is beside the ferris wheel, also one of the filming sites of the taiwanese serial. Now I kinda know why those aunties all wanna visit the filming sites of the korean dramas when they go over to Korea...because it really is quite exciting seeing the place in real-life after you've seen it on TV :P

This is yet another sunset that we watched, at Danshui. I'd been to Danshui on my previous taiwan trip, but we didn't stay to watch the sunset then.


OK, that's all for updates. So mah fan to put up pictures coz they keep appearing at the top of the post everytime I upload new pics....but oh well, what's a post without pictures? :)
I can't believe I must wake up early tomorrow all over again!!!!
Ok, enough of self-denial.....


















































No comments: