Saturday, August 01, 2009

H1N1 H1N1 H1N1 !?

H1N1 seems to be the buzz word for the whole of Term 3...ever since the school term started...everything that we do had to be revolved around the "measures for compliance" passed down from the ministry, some of which I don't quite understand even..
"This can, that cannot.....that can, this cannot...."
Sigh.
CHMA 2009 has been officially cancelled....what can I say...
First it was mass uncertainty.....then it was possible postponement....and finally, sudden cancellation. I had big dreams for this year's CHMA...but oh well...
Though I can try to understand the decision to cancel it..but I guess that doesn't do much to lift the disappointment...for the crew..for the finalists..for the guest bands..the emcees..
But I suppose, I'm slowly coming to terms with it.... hope the journey for everyone involved has been a fun and enriching one.

Besides that, Term 3 has been a MAD term with 2000 000 things to mark. Every week I mark an average of about 140 marks worth of Sec 4 tests....I think I'm about to go crazy from it soon. Somemore, this 2 weeks..I think the average number of marks shot up to 230 marks coz the common tests for the Sec1s-3s are approaching, and I gave them tests too! Sometimes I wonder why I do such things to torture myself..

On a lighter note, have signed up for Kickboxing sessions to try to slow down my rate of turning into an all-work-but-no-play-dull-Jane. Has been pretty fun so far...

And with the slow relaxing of the "measures for compliance" from Ministry, hopefully the end of year Ophir trip that P and I are hoping to plan for my CCA would be able to follow through. Always feel there's so much to gain from going through an expedition together...for the boys, and for the teachers too. So pleeassseee laaaaaah....don't tell me H1N1 last minute we can't go ah....

1 comment:

Brendan said...

Wah kickboxing sia!