Friday, December 04, 2009

Chao anh! :)

Live update from Vietnam!

Just reached Hanoi today :)  Had spent the last 3 days in Ho Chi Minh City...have a bit of regret....I wish I had revised my Vietnamese before I left for Vietnam!! Shucks man.  Knowing that I could probably understand much better what the people here are saying, and be able to converse a little better really makes me a bit upset...sigh... I had previously taken 2 modules of Vietnamese when I was in the university.  Mearning, at a point of time in my life, I actually could converse in some basic spoken Vietnamese.  And to add salt to the wound, somehow the vietnamese people seem to THINK I am vietnamese, so they'll always choose to speak to me when they are trying to convey a message, of which I can only reply "Khong hieu" ("do not understand") to them...sigh..  Of course, given my elementary command of vietnamese even in the university, I probably wouldn't have understood much anyway.  But at least it beats looking and hearing words that I SEEM to know, but just can't recall most of the meaning of those words offhand =(

Oh well...

So anyway, one interesting fact about being in Vietnam is...........................






























...........crossing the road!!!
Hahaha.  Over here, you do not wait for the road to be clear of vehicles before crossing, because, basically......the road NEVER clears enough for you to walk across like in Singapore! :)  Haha....so, it's the survival of the fittest, whoever dares to venture onto the road, gets to cross it..coz the cars and millions of motorbikes will just swerve away from you and avoid you while you're crossing ;)  But I  must say, until now, I'm still a little afraid of being the "lead road crosser".. :P

Will update more about details of the trip along with photos... :)

Just one more interesting fact about this trip before I go to sleep and prepare for a fun 2D1N trip to Ha Long Bay....(yay kayaking!! :P) ... my current hotel in Hanoi, called Golden Sun Hotel has a private desktop in each room for the use by its occupants!! How cool is that?? :)
That's why I'm actually here typing a post...typing away on the personal desktop in the room..and it's FREE :) cool huh?


OK time to go, will update once more if time permits...if not, next post should spot millions of photos taken during this trip with my D60 ;)

Tata... ;)

No comments: