Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Continuous Improvement....are you up to it?

I am having gastric now, and have been having it for the last 2 hours since 3.30pm...was supposed to release my form class at 2.10pm, but couldn't do it till 3pm..thus lunch came at only around 3.30pm.

Over the last 2 days...my class has been reading the devotions to the school.....of all topics, on the topic of continuous improvement. I wonder if it is really so difficult to strive for continuous improvement, to strive to a greater height without falling back too much, to be responsible for one's own actions and words, to be aware of how it affects others, to be mature young men, to be appreciative of others' efforts.
Does eveything that one does only have the word 'ME' in mind...do "OTHERS" ever come into the picture?

I have slowly come to realise, that being overly patient and accepting is actually harmful to others, contrary to what I used to think. I thought that patience, care and reasoning can spur and encourage people, but I suppose I am wrong. What I have realised is, patience, encouragement and using reasoning does not work in all situations....that sometimes, a deterrent or consequence is a better way to get an idea across. Which i feel is a sad realisation...


“Maturity begins to grow when you can sense your concern for others outweighing your concern for yourself.”
~ John MacNaughton

No comments: