Maths paper was last Thursday, the last paper for the exams. And we had to get all the marking done by Monday, Tues morning the latest. Haha..382 students, each student 28m worth to mark..that's....10 696m worth of questions that i accomplished!!
During my intense marking period, I actually found a nice place to mark, called ICEKIMO. It's a little ice-cream place located at Sin Ming, which has a lot of interesting home-made flavours. Nice cosy little place, with not too many people..

I was quite sure I took a photo of the shop, because I thought of blogging about it, but seems like it has mysteriously disappeared from my phone. So all you can see now, is a picture of my worktable at Icekimo ;)
Woohoo...*pat on my back*.... =) I still cannot really believe how I did it... After my whole week of stress, I can finally relax a little today. *phew*
Have been super tired out..plus drowsy medication doesn't help..felt like a walking zombie over the last 2 days... Like just now, I was trying to do something on the computer, and I found myself dozing off every few minutes! Goodness me, so the next logical thing I did was to jump into my bed. Heh..
Last week was farewell assembly for the sec4s..for the first time, I'm sending off one of the classes whom I have previously taught before. Brings a lot of memories...and a lot of feelings too.. It's always heartening to view the powerpoints that the teachers put together for their classes, the encouraging "last words" before they are officially off school, and the speeches.
But I think this year there was a slight difference, there was a song item by some of the teachers, mostly sec4 Form teachers, and after that, the teachers invited the whole hall to stand and sing "I Believe I Can Fly". I must say I didn't expect an enthusiastic response from the boys, but to my pleasant surprise, they actually stood up and some even joined arms and swayed to the music..and everyone sang so loudly and in one voice at the chorus "I believe I can fly...I believe I can touch the sky.." It was a touching moment for me, and even as I think about it now, it gives me goosebumps. The enthusiasm in the singing showed me camaraderie, school spirit, and a heart for CHS....it felt like, we were a family..something that I sometimes feel is lacking in the school, the school spirit. But it was nice, to send off our sec4s on such a high note..to see that, at the end of the day, they still loved the school.
So yup, that's my 2 cents worth on farewell assembly.
Just 6 days to the last day of school..wonder how I'd feel on Thursday...afterall, it's my last day with my first ever form class in CHS..
2 comments:
ms chow i knw where tt place is.
Thompson there right beside prata cafe?
First-ever form class? Must be tough for you eh? Sorry for all the trouble we caused haha. Though some are rather memorable xD
Can't let you see my blog if not wait i will die.
Well hope to see you around next year in CHS.
Just wanna let you know, no matter what 2-5 has done, you're still the greatest form teacher we have thus.
Mmm, nope it's not beside the prata cafe I think. But you're right, it's near to thomson, at...err, 38 sin ming road I THINK. :)
Post a Comment