Just realised it's been a full 20 days since I last wrote anything....it's an indication of the amount of things waiting for me to do (and STILL waiting)..
Holidays were a blur, a week seemed too short to really complete anything. What with 2 extra classes and 2 days spent on CHMA posters/form prep and Contact Mag interview, that was virtually almost 3-4 days spent. I suppose this is the result of taking on Sec 3 Math and CHMA.
Teaching Sec 3 once again has re-exposed me to the intense level of preparation that has to be done in order to deliver a good lesson that is informative, convincing, and has enough scaffolding for learning..selecting good examples to expose the nitty gritty details of each chapter, and pre-empting possible misconceptions that students might have. Having said all that, what I love about teaching upper sec is the interaction with them in, and out of class. Because of the age, there's usually a higher sense of maturity and thus more fruitful conversations take place. Most of the time, you are able to get a point across to them through logical reasoning. Students also understand jokes and sarcasm (i.e. suaning... :P) better..haha..
So even though I am really much more tired out by teaching upper sec this year, and that sometimes, the intensity of it is driving me a little nuts, I believe I can safely say that I am enjoying teaching the sec3s =)
As some may have already noticed, I'm doing the CHMA with the highly trained team of IMedia members this year. Am always amazed at the kind of skills that they possess and picked up in their time in IMedia. Glad to be working with you guys on CHMA 07 ;)
The CHMA posters have been up since last Fri, thanks to the IMedia's members' hard work in putting them up all over the school. What disturbs me a little is the torn posters that I saw on level 5, torn right across in the middle. :(But back to the posters, there's a total of 7 designs this year, and the central theme is "7 Deadly Sins". Before anyone points their finger at us to say that we're blaspheming in a catholic school, it's actually an intelligent play on the date that CHMA is gonna be on this year, 07. 07. 07 =) So every poster has been designed to link the "sin" to CHMA/Music/joining CHMA. Have fun figuring out each poster =) You can view and even download them at the CHMA blogsite
http://chmusicawards.blogspot.com/ . And on a personal note, a big THANKS to WJ for helping with the designing and brainstorming!! =) (psst, must kpo for the CHMAs to come hor ;) )
Registration forms for CHMA are already available here...
No idea where this board is??? It's outside the Media Resource Centre in CHS which is beside ths Staff Lounge on Level 3. Don't be blur, sure can find wan. Interested participants can obtain a form from the sleeves on the board, fill it up and just drop it into the box that's below the noticeboard ;)
Auditions are fast approaching, starting from 19th April, so all budding singers, musicians and rock bands, don't procrastinate anymore!! :)
Yesterday evening was Sports night, and up till the Sports night itself, Joseph was ranked 2nd. But the fight is a really close one, because between the 2nd & 4th positioned house, was only a meer 4 points difference. I just wanna say that I'm very proud of the Joseph House leaders for the job well done in the coming up with, and the coordination of the whole cheers sequence =)
To me, sports night should be a largely student-initiated event..it's when it's student-initiated, that students will have the sense of ownership and fighting spirit for the house. So for bringing the house together, for the evening that you spent practising and cutting cloth AND shouting the cheer sequence into my ear for me to hear, just wanna say a big WELL DONE to the house leaders, and also Joseph House of course, for pulling together and presenting a pretty decent cheer sequence =) I'm proud of you guys ;)
Has been a pretty tiring week...I think I've had a total of 19 hours of sleep from Mon to Fri..which was why I felt that I was on screen-saver mode during the 20 minutes interval during sports night yesterday....it's like...the whole body just going into this stoning mode coz there's no adrenaline from watching your house runners compete on the track..
After sport night I manged to catch up with a couple of old boys who came back to visit....always enjoy this kinda informal meet-ups and chats with the boys who come back =)
So finally last night, I had the chance to sleep.............from 12midnight till 11 am this morning!!
Woohoo...feels good to be able to sleep that long... ;)
Why do I have this feeling that I'm gonna be taking a nap later....heh..
OK, better get down to doing some work before I'm off to church later.
Tata...................*wave* :P
No comments:
Post a Comment