Sunday, March 04, 2007

week 9 gone

Woah, week 9's gone and we're fast approaching week 10 which means March Hols is COMING!

Wow..time flies yet again. The past 2 weeks have come and gone so quickly, because after we came back from CNY, it was a 1.5 day week due to our long-awaited half day off for O's results, and followed by Cross-country at Turf City. Well, so what has been happening..

The half day due to the fantastic O's results was great, everyone was kind of let off at 9.40am that day, with the whole school being given yummy ice-cream to eat in celebration of the marvelous results. Glad that my class managed to get our 2 hampers wrapped..found it quite fun actually..doing the wrapping and all. Always enjoy all these outside-of-class activities with the boys. Thanks for helping with the hamper guys, those who actually stayed back to do it. I'm sure we made a small difference to those who received our hampers, and that they feel a little more blessed during CNY.

The staff lunch that followed after that was at Aquamarine at Marina Mandarin. (Try saying those four words, I seriously find that it twists my tongue.)
Photo from http://www.marina-mandarin.com.sg/dining/aquamarine.htm
The food was SUPER GOOD. My goodness..and there was such a big variety food, I think if I took just ONE mouthful of each dish that was at the buffet, I'd be too full. So I had to ration my stomach space :P So I only managed to eat like..some of the dishes. Heh, but still, very very nice. Actually got to each my favourite sashimi ... *drool*.
I must say that the waitresses are very efficient there. I was actually having my dessert halfway, when we were called over to another table for yu sheng, only to be told 2 minutes later, that we didn't need to go over. And lo and behold, when I turned back to my table, my plate of half-eaten dessert had been taken away!! My gosh I almost fainted. Hais, my poor half-eaten chocolate fondue :P

Next day was X-country at Turf City. My first time having a cross-country at Turf City. Colleagues have told me that it'll be scorching hot because of the lack of shelter, so thankfully, there was tremendous cloud cover for most of the morning.
As for the results, I only have one thing to say.....
JOSEPH, we'll get it back during Sports Night!! ;)
KEEP YOUR HEADS AND SPIRITS UP!


Was a fruitful day of meet-ups that day as well, met up with my ex-colleague L, and then in the evening, met up with my friend L who was back in Singapore for the CNY period. (haha, why do all their names start with L)
Believe it or not, that evening was actually the first time that I stepped into the newly renovated Cathay cineplex building. Haha, yes, I am a mountain tortoise. Sure looks nice...I shall endeavour to watch a movie there during the March holidays. :P

That weekend, my brother returned to Australia after his one week stint for CNY. I never thought I'd say this, but I do miss having my brother around sometimes (other than the fact that I have no more privacy whenever he comes back coz we share a room :P). He seems to have this knack of making my parents happy and making them laugh all the time. Somehow, the family dynamics changes when there's 4 of us in the house, rather than 3. Ah well, I guess even at my age, there's still a lot to learn.

This week was quite a rush. Loads of syllabus to cover since 3 days are taken up for e-learning next week. Sure hope my classes understand what I'm saying in class...especially for my Saturday class yesterday. If there are any doubts, QUICKLY ASK AH!!

3 days of e-learning, nice time to catch up on my marking.

Must also remember to go and fix my appointment with the skin centre for my sudden super flare up of eczema, and another appointment elsewhere for my mysteriously prolonged back pains.......

No comments: