YESSsss! Super sinseh has done it, 10 classes of marking done in 4 days (with the help of other big-hearted sinsehs :P).
Before you think it's no big deal, let me tell you, it is a BIG DEAL.
50 marks per student, 10 classes of average of 36 students per class. That's like, 18 000 marks?!
Goodness me, I think I almost went bersek.
But in order to slow down my rate of going bersek, I met up with other teachers to do our marking...and this are some of my haunts during marking periods...
Coffee Bean :)
Purposely chose a non-crowded coffee bean...so not that paiseh to sit there for long hours..
And my horrendous pile of marking....
My other haunt..... Icekimo near to my place=)
My yummy Bailey's ice-cream to encourage myself on...
Oh by the way, I had one more class of sec2 to mark after I finished my 10 classes of sec3. *faint*
But it's all over now!!
Hahahhahahahhahhahahhaa, when I finally finished all the marking I felt as if the holidays were here. Muahaha.
Visit to Old School
So here are some pics from my visit to my old school, which is now an Arts Hub, called OLD SCHOOL. Haha. I must say, the feeling of stepping into the school compound that I once studied in when I was in primary school was, really really interesting. Many memories of my days spent there came flooding back..it was all so nostalgic, but yet at the same time, a little foreign, as there were new additions to the compound too.
What once used to be classrooms and science labs have now been turned into restuarants, photo studios, etc. What used to be the school canteen is now an arts gallery.
This structure greets all who enter into Old School. VERY freaky looking isn't it, coz it seems to have a child's face, but an adult's body. But apparently it's suppose to be the art piece of one of the very famous artist, and it's one of a series of pieces.
And this is the little slope that my friends and I can spend loads of our time just climbing up and sliding down...climbing up and sliding down...climbing up and sliding down...climbing up and sliding down.... :P
Heh, doesn't take much to entertain a kid in the past I guess :) Somehow we just found it hyper entertaining to climb up and slide down that little slope..haha..
Went to the toilet before I went to watch the movie. It was SUPER nostalgic, coz I remember all those years when I had my GB camps in the school, and we'd have to all bathe using water hoses, buckets and scoops in the toilet, (no shower heads btw) and bathe super quick due to time constraints! Haha...now, the sinks look so tiny and short...
So this is why I was back at my old campus, coz of this place called Sinema.
Sinema is basically a small local cinema for showcasing of locally produced films. Very cool idea in my opinion, to have a place that is specially dedicated to Singaporean works.The merchandise shop of Sinema..
And this is the film that I went to watch, called "The Smell of Rain". The reason why W asked me along to watch is because, the lead actor is my choir junior. I remember singing with him in one of my JC choir concerts, when he was still in the college choir, while I returned to sing in the school concert as an alumni member. Very interesting to see him join Mediacorp just a couple of years after that, and he seems to be doing well now too. :)
And this is one of the first few scenes of "The Smell Of Rain"..look at the typical HDB flat-and-skyline shot of Singapore! =)
Although I thought the film was a little draggy, think overall, the storyline was not bad. :)
Seoul Gardens with 4-1
To cut the really long story short, my dear class brought me out for a birthday treat to Seoul Gardens on labour day :) Very very sweet of them..and, twenty of them turned up! woohoo...Thanks guys ;)
Meow?
OK, before you call up the SPCA with this picture as evidence of animal abuse, I'm NOT strangling the kitten. Was just one of my numerous attempts to snap a picture of this SUPER CUTE kitten that was outside my house while I was playing with it. It's one of those you know, that runs over to you the moment you say "meow" and start twirling around your ankles and lying on your toes non-stop? :) I think some of you would have had similar experiences. Such a warm little kitty...but a pity I can't keep him.
And to end of my post, this is my newest love, MR SOYABEAN!!! :) Haha, isn't he cute!??
I bought him from Square2, from the MrBean soyabean shop, you know, the one that sells all sorts of soyabean pastries, soyabean drinks, red bean/peanut pancakes and soy ice-cream? If I'm not wrong, there's a small little outlet at the basement of J8 too.
Can't stop looking at this little bean hanging from my phone...keke... :)
CHMA AUDITIONS
OK, that's all for now.
And to all those who put in a registration form for the CHMA auditions, it's ON!
MONDAY 12th May, (HALL, 3.15pm)
- ALL ROCK BANDS
TUESDAY 13th May
- All other vocals (Auditiorium, 3.15 pm)
- Instrumentals (Music Room, begins at 5pm)
And for those new to CHMA, you're most welcome to watch the auditions. It's free! =)
For more information, check out the cool and stylish CHMA website ;)
See you guys at the auditions ;)
2 comments:
Oh lol ms chow nvr realised u were such a cam whore!!! XDXD *high five*
Hi Adriel,
Cam whore? That's supposed to be describing someone who's in any and every photograph being taken isn't it?
So err...in what way does that describe me according to what you see in this blog? Hmmm :S
Post a Comment