Wednesday, December 03, 2008

International citizen

Hello everyone....

I'm currently in....................HONG KONG :)
Haha....8 days in Korea zipped by me...reached Singapore at 2 am in the morning on 2 Dec..and then went to the airport again at 6.30am on 3 Dec to fly over to HK :P Heh...really makes me feel like an international citizen...hee.

Korea was.....well..pretty interesting :) I think the best part of it was...that we actually saw snow coming down from the sky! SO COOL. It started snowing the night before we reached the ski resort.....and then by the next morning when we woke up, EVERYTHING was white :) Woah...you must be there to experience it....it's just....so niiiiiice.....
Skiing was pretty fun! Heh, am proud to say that I didn't fall at all :P (also because the slope we were on wasn't THAT steep...keke)

Oh and and....we had a REEEEAALLY sumptous sashimi meal....my abalone sashimi was actually ALIVE when I ate it!!!!!!!! EEKS. Haha...at first I didn't realise it when I plucked it out of it's shell...and then it started squirming...ON MY SPOON. I almost jumped! Hahah...I thought that it was perhaps just uncurling because I scooped it out..and that it was already dead. BUT, it CONTINUED squirming. OMG lor. :P

The only disappointment I felt about the trip was that we didn't do any sight-seeing in Seoul itself. It was ALL shopping and duty-free blah blah. Ginseng shop.....cosmetics shop....this shop that shop..... hmph. I really really wanted to visit the palace that was there...but it wasn't in our itinerary :( Oh wellz...will talk more about the trip when I've got time to post photos ;)


Some interesting facts that I noticed about Korea....
1. All the people involved in the tourism industry speaks average to FANTASTIC mandarin. I'ts amazing how well they can speak mandarin...pei fu pei fu :)

2. Kimchii is included in EVERY single meal of the day. EVERY.

3. The Koreans are really proud of their country, and are pretty welcoming towards foreigners. We had people ask us where we were from, and then ended off with "welcome to korea :) "... shows how much they like to play host to us.

4. The country is not foreigner-friendly, in the sense that, most signages and instructions are TOTALLY in korean. It's almost impossible to do a free-and-easy trip there unless you've got a korean speaking friend amongst the group.

5. Koreans eat very simple meals. Mostly made up of vegetables..and at most ONE meat per meal. (apparently the meat is added in coz we're foreigners...the locals only eat meat once a week!)

6. Eerrrr...can't remember anymore....if I do I'll continue next time =)


Okie, enough updates, I'm gonna watch HK drama now :P
Looking forward to my dim sum over the next few days!! :)

No comments: