Saturday, October 03, 2009

Tchr's Day & Homecoming

Tchr's Day
Had wanted to post this in the Sept Hols...but due to problems with photos uploading (again?!?), and also a packed schedule of work...yes you get the idea..

This year's tchr's day was interesting, because it's the first year that my pet batch of graduated students (those of whom I taught for 4 whole years) are returning to CH. The feeling is...nostalgic. I remember how I used to see all the old boys return to see my colleagues in their JC uniforms...and I'd have my own fair share of old boys coming back, just not as many as those who had taught graduating classes..and this year, it was my turn to have hoardes of those who've left, wave and say HI as they return to CH in their JC uniforms. The feeling is....sweet :) Just chatting and catching up with them, really warms my heart. And once again I feel I've moved into another phase of teaching.....
Thanks guys, for all the little gestures...




But of course, not forgetting my current students who brightened up the day with all their well-wishes and thoughtful gifts and cards.
I always gain a lot and am encouraged by simple & sincerely written cards. In fact, personally, I think just a simple card with heartfelt words from the kids is really the best gift. THANKS guys :)

Homecoming 09


So this is my stall at the CH Homecoming funfair this year, PEARL HARBOUR. Haha, super corny name for our bubble tea-cum-tea egg stall...which my class SERIOUSLY adores. Haha.

I must say, this is my most successful Homecoming ever..thanks to my very enthusiastic and able class, who managed to manage the stall almost entirely by themselves, while I busied myself now and then with being the Milo Auntie (mixing Milo in the staff lounge) so that they could have their constant supply of Milo for their Milo bubble tea.

So that's where I spent 1/2 my time during Homecoming, in the lounge. Also because I was actually feeling kinda sick that day (ending the day with a fever of 37.7 deg :S) , so the rest of the time, I spent either resting at the staffroom, or at some table in the canteen..habitually checking on the store, and ordering extra tapioca pearls and jellies when the class ran out of them. A pity I missed most of the old boys who came back coz I was not actively walking around that day..

Mobile bubble tea sellers :P

A signboard menu that my class and I made together :P

Yummilicious tea eggs :)
For some funny reason bubble tea really sells well. We had a steady stream of customers the moment Homecoming was declared officially started, and we were out of pearls by about 10am, and out of jellies by 11.10am! Haha..so had to order more pearls and jellies...which was a happy thing =)

At the end of the day, we actually SOLD OUT! Like, literaallllyyy to the last drop.
This is what I mean by sold out...when you sell every last drop of your remaining drink that you have left, by selling them in the empty syrup containers coz you've run out of cups/plastic bags!! :) Haha... :)
Coupon sales at the end of the day, was $1253 :):))) Kudos to the class ;)

Would love to blog more, but having to drag photos down from the top of the post every time I upload more photos is proving to be REAL IRRITATING. So I shall end of this post here ;)
All the best to the CH peeps for Final Years, it'll be over before you know it ;) Ganbatte ne!

1 comment:

Leon said...

hector! :0... cant wait for class chalet :D