Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Out of sight, out of mind...

And so Cher's Day has come and gone, my very first in the new environment...celebrations were pretty entertaining, the kids certainly put in a whole heap of effort into the whole Oh-lympics themed games and all, kudos to them for a job well done:)

As expected, there was but a trickle of appreciation from the new place, expected, since I've only crossed over for 8 months.  The best gift was the big card from my silly form class, full of little words from the kiddos..heartfelt words are still the best gift after all these years :)

I didn't expect much from CH either, or at least I told myself not to...but at the bottom of my heart, I guess I really hoped that I was remembered.  Not through fancy gifts, nor elaborate surprises, but just a simple sms that told me that though I was far away, I still occupied a tiny corner of their hearts.  Perhaps I'm the only one missing someone...and no one else feels the same..."out of sight, out of mind" is such a depressing concept, but yet so true.  Yes we don't work for praise nor rewards, and the job really rewards intrinsically...but sometimes the simplest external reward goes a long way, and warms the heart and powers it for another 1000 miles.  Or maybe, I'm just being greedy.

I guess being sentimental will kill me one day...

I have gotten used to being at my new place, but most I would still call colleagues, at most good colleagues, and not yet friends..okay perhaps one or two.  A part of me still blamed myself for pushing through with my own decision to go.  But yes, it's irreversible so just stop it.

September break is half over, and I have done 10% of my work.  -.-''  I'm so dead, haha.
I'm so going to finish setting my draft EOY paper by tonight.  YES I AM!!  (*self-motivational thoughts*)

No comments: