The past 3 years have seen me doing much more adventure related activities like trekking, climbing, rafting, caving,abseiling,kayaking, camping outdoors because of my CCA and sec3 camp....thankfully for me, I actually enjoy and look forward to such activities ;)
This year, I was again assigned the combination of Trekking-Cycling. Though I had really wanted to either be assigned to a group where a majority of my form class was going to be at, or to a different combination from last year..but I guess, school needs comes first.
So, 26th May finally came...was kinda zonked out coz of some family matters the 2 days before that... Sped to school real early, only to realise I left my whole classes PASSPORTS at home! Wah, I almost fainted. Thankfully the roads were clear because it was so early in the morning, so I just sped home to pick them up before going back to school to meet up with the rest and settle all the admin stuff in the hall. Grouped with Sharon this year, was super fun!
After a pretty long bus ride, we stopped for our final group lunch before we split to our respective campsites. Couldn't really eat properly though, coz I was suffering from an inflamed throat, which I think was getting worse by the minute, even though I was already on antibiotics for 3 days already. Swallowing was a chore, as if there was a razor blade going down my throat.
Heard many students complaining about the flies around their drinks and food at our lunch place...I think some of them probably never saw so many flies at congregate around their lunch ever. Which is why sec3 camp is good for them...toughen them up..
Many more hours to go after lunch to reach our campsite...I think our bus got a little lost on the way coz we had to stop a few times to ask for directions (i think). Saw a bit of rain enroute too...just look at the clouds outside my bus...
Thankfully we finally did get there, and before we got onto a boat to get us across the river to our campsite on the beach, there was a short briefing by our guide Sulaiman.
That night, there were repeated flashes of lightning...was a little scary coz it literally lit up the whole beach whenever there was lightning...signalled impending rain for us that night. What was even more worrying was that one of our groups hadn't even arrived at our campsite even after we had all finished with our dinner. Turned out that they were brought to the wrong campsite, and then had to travel all the way back. Thankfully all was well and they reached us at around 9+.
I was quite surprised that we were offered camping sponge mattresses...pleasant surprise, since I wasn't expecting anything but an empty tent to sleep in..........
(to be continued...)

No comments:
Post a Comment