Many may know..the past week has been a whole whirlpool. It's almost as if it was a dream...I wish it was, but the fact is...it isn't.
Everthing happened real quickly...and before we had time to let reality sink in, that was it.
No last goodbyes, no last words...just deep sleep...until the end.
I wish I could say for sure that he is in a better place, but the fact remains that, I'm not 100% sure. I guess I'll never know till the day I get there myself...
When I first heard the devastating news, there were no tears, just a feeling of being lost, and thoughts of what we should do next..... it was only when I held his warm hand in mine, and touched his forehead with my own hands, did the tears starts streaming down uncontrollably. I couldn't believe it was really happening.
All through the night we stayed with him....and relatives were sweet enough to come to us in the middle of the night to bring comfort and support. Through this whole episode, I really saw the support and love of the extended family, without which I think we might have collapsed.....I promise I'll never say that I am bored of going for extended family dinners/meet-ups anymore. It is with such love and support that things seemed a little easier. My cousin B took leave and was with us all the time...2 aunties and an uncle too...
Friends also sent me waves of smses....thank you Lord, you knew I needed it..
Who would have thought that he'd go so young? Everyone who came to pay their last respects expressed the same sigh.
Over the course of the week, we met many many of his old friends, colleagues, ex-colleagues. All were full of praises and admiration for him...I almost felt as if I was being re-introduced to him all over again. He was so well-respected, well-received, well-loved by them..almost made me wonder, what people might say about me when it's my turn to go... There were so much flowers....so much so that they were being put in 2 rows..such was the impact he had..
He was the the traditional kind who believed actions spoke louder than words.
Encouragment expressed in words, were not often heard......
"He was very proud of you and your brother..when he spoke about you two, you can see his eyes lighting up.."
"He was very proud of you as a teacher...he said you really had passion for the job and the boys..."
Thank you for telling us...
How long will I take to recover? I don't know..what I do know is, reality is just beginning to sink in right now...and more responsibilities will be coming my way...
Thank you, to all those who came down to pay your respects and show support and encouragement. To my friends, colleagues, boys...thank you...be it coming down or sms'g.

5 comments:
dun worry miss chow.
u can always count on us. we'll always be there to give u support, to provide u with encouragement. okay?:)confirm + guarantee.:)
it's quite hard for most of us to understand and empathize with u for the ordeal u're currently undergoing. but hang in there. you'd recover. things will get better.
Ms chow..
kk is here asking u to stay strong...
we will be here for you.. ( from ur boys )
stay strong, have faith. <3
hey mdm, i'm sorry to hear that. do take care of yourself.
Post a Comment