Saturday, November 17, 2007

Pictures time!

I love blogging with lotsa photos...coz I feel that pictures tell so much more than words are able to to....lots to see in this post!

J & C's Wedding
And the pics from the wedding which I attended 2 weeks back..



The wedding took place at Wesley Methodist Church near to Fort Canning...
Heh, always a good time for meet-ups with old friends :)


Ah-Mei concert
Hmm, still didn't manage to get the pics from G who's got Ah-Mei in close-up shots. So, you'll just have to settle for seeing the great lightings for now :P Was quite happy with the seats that we were at....quite close to the stage....AND, it was a 4-sided stage! Heh, for the first time I'm attending a concert which has a 4-sided stage, cool :)

Think it was almost a sell-out concert...soooo many people in the stadium. Ah-Mei's a fantastic performer...super vocals...superb stage presence and interaction with the audience. Almost the entire indoor stadium was on their feet by the last 3 songs! =)





Cool lighting huh? =)


Presenting....the Youthepreneur Pushcart Challenge Champions....ELEEEEPUNK!
So did you take my advice in the previous post and head down to support Elepunk in their pushcart challenge??

Well, if you didn't, you missed out on us emerging as overall champs! :)

So here's the pushcart that I'm talking about, Elepunk, which sold hand-drawn truck caps and jewellery......

The reflection in the picture blocked out the inspiration of the name....it says "where Elegance meets Punk". Pretty interesting I feel...

Cool idea...but I think the guy in the advertisement board looks a little...err...overweight... :X

And here are the guys behind it all....class 3-3 from CHS...(with 1 person missing coz he had to attend to a customer.. and...err...another one, I also don't know where :P)

G and I went down to support the guys....so after we bought some earrings from them, we proceeded to walk around to see the competing pushcarts and also to do our own pre-judging of our chances of winning... :)

Along the way, G got distracted by this Indian girl who was offering to do hennah for people at a price of $5 - $10.
Personally I think it's really intricate...and artistically challenging... Apparently she gets employed by people to help them do it for their Indian weddings...and she says usually they do not follow patterns from a book (which her customers at the pushcart challenge gets to choose patterns from). She said that usually they will look at the person, and the person's features and personality and then create pictures and patterns along the way. WOOAAAH....so difficult my goodness me.


So after G got her hennah done, we went back to the stall to once again support them monetarily..haha....

The making of successful entreprenuers.........good customer service....haha.... :)

There was quite a good flow of customers throughout the whole time that we were there....
And this is the CHS team, overall champs, winner of $5000!! Super duper big cheque...haha....
On top of being over champs, the team also bagged another cash prize of $500 for being the most profitable pushcart at the competition :)
Ah hah! This is the full team of 6 people....heh. After they won the competition, the reporters and photographers came over to take pictures and to do interviews with the kids....such a great experience for them I feel.
And this is team leader H speaking with the reporter....
If I'm not wrong, the guy in the striped shirt that I is speaking with is either one of the judges, or one of the VIPs.....

WELL DONE guys, we're all really proud of you =)

Christmas is coming.....


While out shopping with my mum last weekend....I noticed that the usual big christmas tree in the middle of Takashimaya was up already......really love the feeling of christmas....but at the same time...this year.....mmm.....seems like there's also gonna be a lot of meloncholy for me...



Have a lot more to post about actually...but....shall post another time :)



No comments: