Sunday, June 06, 2010

Breakfast @ Riders' Cafe

My long time friends, D & A, and I decided that we were going to meet up for breakfast at Riders Cafe, this nice little cafe tucked away at Fairways Drive, really close to Turf City.



We were slated to meet at 0930h, and I scarily awoke at 0900h!! Haha, jumped outta my bed, got ready and dashed outta my house, zoomed there on the PIE, and yipeee, I reach right on the dot, 0930h :)
So I texted D to just let her know that I was already there, & to check on where they were.  5 seconds after my sms was sent out, my handphone rang, and on the other side of the line, was a sleepy and most apologetic D "I'm so sorry we missed our alarm & overslept!! we're coming now!!"

Haha, oh well.  That gave me about 40 min of time to wonder about by myself, and it was a lovely morning for gallavanting around as all the clouds were gathered in that slightly gloomy looking morning, and there was a slight breeze.

I had previously been to Riders Cafe in the evening for dinner just about a week ago, and the ambience in the cafe was really lovely.


(courtesy of www.riderscafe.sg)

But the surrounding just looked a bit scary and eerie because it was not very brightly lit every where else other than the restuarants.

But when you see everything in the morning, the feeling's just, quiet and serene..

So this was me....walking about on my own while waiting for D and A to arrive...

Interesting structures at one of the grass lawns beside another restuarant called Mimolette..


This was a common sight in the morning...jockeys walking their horses for exercise on the tarmac roads...


Most of the trees in the surrounding are all lush and green,  but just this one particular tree up on a little hill is devoid of leaves...it looked like one of those trees that you'd see beside the witches' hut in a fairytale when you see it at night, haha...but in the morning, it just looks like a nice old grandfather tree that has lost all its leaves in autumn...


Don't know how I managed to get this effect with my laopok Nokia E63 2.0 megapix camera..but turned out quite nice..


And this is the space that you'll see if you walk up towards the grandpa tree and walk behind it....


It was nice just being at the open space among the greenery....nice light and cool breeze...the smell of impending rain.  As I stepped onto the grass, I saw grasshoppers leap out and jump away..it felt as if I was transported back to Primary school, where we'd spend time to go to grass fields just to sneak up on unsuspecting grasshoppers to capture them as pets :P




There were many patches of these spiderwebs that had caught the morning dew....really brings back memories of primary school days.. Can you spot the grasshopper that is standing just below the spiderweb? :)

So the 40 minutes of wait whizzed by me, and before I knew it, D and A had arrived, and we headed to Riders Cafe to get a table...only to be told that we had to go on the waiting list and the wait was at least 45 min!!  OMG, at that moment, I really felt like I was stupid.  Why hadn't I gone to reserve a table first??
I remember peeking at the cafe when I arrived, and it actually looked like it was only half-filled..so I didn't bother to leave my name :S  But thankfully the waitress called us only a short 15 minutes later, and we got inside at about 1030 :)





On one side of Riders Cafe, you can actually see the horses....nice huh? :)


This is what the interior looks like..there's no air-conditioning though...but I guess, if it was air-conditioned...you wouldn't be able to see the outside and get a nice feel of being around the horses so much... :)

Now, on to what we had for our breakfast :)  The pictures below are courtesy of A, suuuuuper nice pictures in my opinion :)  And once again, I feel like I'm doing an advertisement for the places that I visit for my meals.. :P

Yummmmmy pancakes :)



 
D's Eggs Florentine



My super duper yummy Norwegian Benedict


And A's Rider's Breakfast :)

I guess that breakfast kinda became brunch instead...don't remember eating my lunch yesterday afternoon... :)

1 comment:

Honeymoon bed breakfast said...

The Riders Cafe is a beautiful breakfast restaurant in Singapore. It offers lavishing and delicious breakfast cuisines including mouth watering Eggs Benedict & Omelet and variety of items.