I guess it's about time for an update...since I see Term 3 looming and impending stress waiting to pounce on me...
For the uninformed (like ME..haha), *Scape is "Singapore's first building designed for young people, in the heart of town!" :) I've always known that there was some sort of a Scape Youth Park near to Somerset MRT, but I didn't realise that they had built an entire building right next to Orchard Cineleisure complete with restuarants, lil' shopping places & dance studios + open spaces for youngsters to gather together to dance and all...quite a nice place I feel.
This is where Z & I had our yummy dinner...at this nice lil' cafe-like place called Raindrops Cafe.
The whole place follows the theme of "Raindrops" as you can see...traces of raindrops are everywhere! On the menu, on the ceiling, the shape of their water glasses, and even their napkins! :)
Raindrops is at one corner of scape, hardly noticeable if you have not first checked out where it is. But it's a really nice little cosy place with great ambience. The staff are all very warm and personable, it's truely service with a smile :D Raindrops serves western food...pastas, pizzas and all...here's our menu for our lovely evening there :)
Appetiser: Tuna Tataki
Looks like beef doesn't it? It's got small little mushrooms in cream sauce underneath it....very yummmyyy...
Mains: Vongole pasta
One of my favourite choices of pasta...
Mains: Thin-crusted BBQ Chicken Pizza
The cheese was so flow-y I actually had trouble trying to get a piece of pizza onto my plate without the cheese leaving a trail all the way from the pizza to my plate! :P
Dessert: Creme Brulee
Yuuummmmmyyyyy....
Dessert: Poached Pear with Ice-cream
Interesting dessert, my first time trying it. Z says it's very nice, which I totally believe. I'm not such a great fan of it though, because I'm not so into liqour..but nevertheless, very nicely done and presented :)
Before we left, we were given a feedback form, where our level of enjoyment/satisfaction is indicated by the number of.....RAINDROPS that we circle :) It's a complete package of raindrops in all aspects of the cafe as you can see.... Very cute.. :)
We actually wondered into Scape itself after dinner to check out the shops inside.
This is Once Upon A Milkshake, the whole counter is purple!! Haha..and just look at those tiny little table and chairs...super cute...
We didn't have enough stomache space for anymore food, so I guess we'll have to try it next time. But seems this little place has pretty good reviews.
Another interesting looking place is White Dog Cafe...
...little explanation is needed for the name of the shop yah? :) I shall try the food one day too...the place looks so interesting..
My brother sent me a spa voucher from Melbourne this year for my birthday, and sent my mum an exact same one for hers :) So the 2 of us went for a 90min full body massage together at this place called Lush Spa, which is located within the Singapore Polo Club.
Ambience is nice and soothing...
And this is what the room that we had our spa in looks like...looks all nice and comfy doesn't it? :)
I thought there was a bit too much oils used for the massage...maybe it's normal to use oils, but with eczema, sometimes, the oils become a source of irritation. But nevertheless, a pretty good experience :)
Baby Galore
Was at a friend's housewarming gathering recently, and lo and behold, the place was practically a nursery!!! Hahaha....almost every friend who was there brought along their kids. There were a total of...SEVEN babies/toddlers in the house..haha...
Of the 7 kiddos, these 2 are my favourite. Aren't they adorable?? :) Everyone say aaawwwwwwww... :P
Just thought that this is too cute for me to not put it on my blog :P Part of my bday card from Z :)
Day out at Johore
It's become an annual outing for some of my friends and I to take a day-trip out to Johor Bahru during my June break, and this year it's no different :) This time round, 6 of us went on our annual road trip :P Didn't take many pictures at the trip, but of the few I took, think this is one of the funniest. Can you see how GARGANTUAN the bottle of drink in front of me is??? It practically is the height of my entire upper torso! Haha....it's a passion fruit drink by the way, and just look at the height of the humongous straw that comes with the humongous drink :P
Despicable Me
Not sure what this upcoming movie is actually about, but I must say I'm most intrigued and tickled by the whole army of these little creatures that I see around movie ticket box offices every time I walk by :) Super cute and funny looking..haha...
Witnessed a Phenomenon without knowing!
Was over at East Coast Park today, determined to have a relaxing weekend before the horrendous Term 3 dawns upon me. And while having dinner, I noticed that there was half a moon in the sky, very interesting sight indeed, coz it looked as if the moon was cut in half vertically...
.....and even stranger still, was that the moon slowly slowly throughout the evening, became bigger and bigger until it became a FULL MOON.
Was kinda puzzled about the change in the moon over a short period of 2 hrs but didn't read too much into it, instead I just enjoyed the rest of my evening. THEN, when I came home, I stumbled upon this Channel NewsAsia report which said that, what I witnessed today was a partial luncar eclipse! Wooooaaaaah, how cool is that?? And what's more, I was at one of the best places to view it according to the report! :D I've cut and pasted the report below... woohooooooo.... :)
Channel NewsAsia report (25/06/2010)
Partial lunar eclipse on Saturday
SINGAPORE : It is a full—moon day this Saturday, but for about three hours in the early evening, half of it will be obscured. The partial lunar eclipse will begin at 6.16pm.
Prof Lim Tit Meng, chief executive of Science Centre Singapore, said: "The eclipse process will start about 6.16pm on Saturday evening. However, we can’t see that as the moon is still quite low. And by the time we can see the moon with the eclipse, the eclipse has already happened."
At the peak of the eclipse, 54 per cent of the moon’s surface will be shadowed.
To view this celestial event, the Science Centre has set up nearly 20 telescopes for astronomy buffs and the public.
There will also be talks by experts from The Astronomical Society of Singapore and a former NASA engineer.
Prof Lim said: "Because this time the eclipse happens quite early in the evening, so the best place to see this is actually on the eastern side of Singapore. So Changi beach, Marine Parade — these are all good places to see the initial stages of the eclipse."
"About 7.45pm, we can see half of the moon being darkened because of the shadow of the Earth cast on the Moon surface. And from then on, you see the shadow moving away, and the Moon will return to its brightness."
— Channel NewsAsia/al
:):):):):):):):)
Clouds, clouds and more clouds
Not sure how many people have actually noticed it, but of late, the cloud formations in the sky is just beautiful, and sometimes, spectacular. Can't help but snap shots of the clouds in the sky....enjoy :)
J told me that this last picture looks like one that signifies hope and encouragement because of the the sun's rays bursting forth from behind the dark clouds...think I'll need loads of that for Term 3..............
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)


.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment