Monday, December 11, 2006

New Version of Blogger?

Your new version of Blogger is ready!

The new version of Blogger now has all the original features you're used to, plus new post labels, drag-and-drop template editing, and privacy controls. And, it's a lot more reliable.

After you switch you'll need to sign in with your Google Account, but your blogs will stay the same. Their content and layout will not change.

Switch to the new version »


Hmm, I've seen the above notice from Blogger a few times..anyone has switched to this new version of Blogger? Personally I'm always hesitant to make switches like these coz I don't know what could possibly go wrong when you switch (for those who are uninformed, I'm a technology-jinx..what people have no problems with, I could have a godzillion problems =P)
And I don't understand that 2nd last sentence,
" After you switch you'll need to sign in with your Google Account, but your blogs will stay the same."
Huh? WHAT Google Account..I DON'T HAVE a google account..so switching to the new version means I am switching from Blogger to Google? Alamak..this is utterly confusing...
So though I'm tempted, I have still not made the switch..haha...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogger is under Google. When you shift to the new version, you're required to sign up for a new account in Google (Blogger) using your existing email address. Your current blog will be shifted to that new account and next time you sign in, you login using your email address instead of your blogger username

yan said...

Thanks Ceph ;)

Now that I know, I shall wait for Blogger to show me the notice again..then i'll click on the "switch to new version" link =)

Anonymous said...

yeah...u should switch...
i switch it like for weeks already...
and plus it is faster(100 times) than blogger itself...