Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Couch Potato week

Think I haven't been a couch potato for some time. That is, of course, attributed to my work during the term. But being one for too long, also makes you feel bored...in other words, SIAAN.
Haha..ever since I came back from Ophir (somehow I still don't feel like blogging about Ophir just yet), I had been spending a lot of time at home. Over the past week, other than attending a friend's wedding on Mon, and 2-5 & 2-4's BBQs on Wed and Thurs evening, I think I spent the rest of the time being a couch potato & channel surfing at home. Heh.
Personally I consider that a good sign..because I recall that 2 years ago, during the Nov/Dec break, I was feeling stressed out every day as I was so worried about my lesson preparations for the following year. Such was the stress of being a beginning teacher with only 6 mths experience, couldn't really take a proper break even during the hols. So being able to chill out and be at peace with myself for spending time to chill, tells me that I have matured somewhat as a teacher, and able to take time to rest when I should. Afterall, like what all my more experienced counterparts say, WORK can never be finished...

During the couch-potato-week, I decided that I wanted to play the guitar and sing some songs. But, lo and behold...............Murphy's Law sets in................................














I suppose I could still play with 5 strings out of 6...but that's super irritating. So after playing for 5 minutes, I gave up.

Ended the couch-potato-week by going to one of my favourite hangouts, MusicDreamer Live! Cafe at Marina Square.














Most people will probably know this place as Ai Qin Hai, a nice little cafe tucked at one corner of marina square. I love it because of the nice ambience and 'live' singing that's available every night. The cafe opens for business from 6.30pm to about 10.30pm or 11pm..and almost every night, 2 teams of singers/musicians will sing to the audience, 'live'. The teams also take song requests from the audience, which makes it all the more interesting..always nice to hear them sing the song that you requested for. =P Local singer Cai Li Lian & her husband are regular singers at this little cafe too :)

OK, after a week of couch-potato'ing, am glad that I'm finally starting on some work after resting well for one week. Spent some time in school over the past 2 days..tidying up my table and filing up all my materials. Am proud to say I'm 95% done with packing my table!! Haha.. Managed to prepare some materials today too :)

It's currently 2.20am, and...gosh, I'm not the least bit sleepy. This is BAD, I'm tuning my body clock later and later...eeks..gonna have such a hard time tuning it back when school re-opens.

1 comment:

yan said...

Hi Royston,
I just came back from Krabi yesterday night, so didn't see your comment till now.
How shall I pass you the pictures? Will you be in school next week?
Email me a timing at my school email chow_bick_yan@chs.moe.edu.sg over the weekend. Tue to Thurs I should be in school after lunch.